Friday, May 1, 2009

Abita Purple Haze


We had a great time with the in-law's at Jensen Beach's Cajun restaurant Crawdaddy's. When eating Louisiana food, you've got to drink Louisiana beer, right?
Crawdaddy's didn't have a huge selection, but they had a couple of Abita selections, which gave me a chance to re-try Purple Haze, their 4.2% Raspberry Wheat beer.
Sadly, mine was served just like this - in the bottle. Color? Aroma? Oh well. I wasn't going to be a complete beer nerd and demand a glass.
I took a swig from the bottle to find...hmmm, not bad. But where's the raspberry I was promised? You can't really find it. There's some nice wheat character, and some faint orangey-ness, but that's about it.
Still, it's not a bad choice for washing down your food if you want a beer that doesn't get in your way. It's not too exciting, though. Next time I think I'd skip over this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment